McCament & Rogers, opened in 2004, is a real estate development consulting firm specializing in master planned communities and urban development.
McCament & Rogers has completed projects for public, private and non-profit clients including the cities of Tacoma, Puyallup & Lakewood, Point Ruston LLC, Newland Communities, New Urban Properties, Hollander Investments, O’Connor & Associates, Horizon Partners, Catholic Community Services, Mercy Housing, and the Center for Urban Waters.
J. J. McCament, of McCament & Rogers LLC, has spent her career working in the fields of real estate, economic development and education. J. J. is an active member of her community and has served on numerous boards and commissions including the Pierce County Library System, Advisory Board for the University of Washington Tacoma, KeyBank’s South Sound District Advisory Board, and the WA State Board of Architects. Highlights from J.J.’s previous experience includes:
Weyerhaeuser Real Estate, Northwest Landing and Snoqualmie Ridge
- Achievements during J.J.’s tenure as general manager of Northwest Landing included the recruitment of Intel and State Farm, construction of a new I-5 interchange, and the planning and construction of the first residential neighborhoods.
- In 1998, she was team leader of the residential builder’s program at Snoqualmie Ridge and closed a record-setting $30 million in land sales in an eight-month period—enough for 550 residential homes, apartments, and condos.
City of Tacoma’s Economic Development Department
- responsible for recruiting market-rate multi-family housing to downtown Tacoma, providing assistance to commercial developers, and working on the new convention center and Marriott Courtyard Hotel.
Raelene successfully worked in the development, marketing, and management of over 20 condominium communities, numerous apartment communities, plus retail spaces in King, Pierce and Thurston counties. All properties marketed have been successful for the developer.My experience comes from a direct relationship working with the developer and marketing the portfolio they acquired and or built.
• 25 years maintaining properties for two companies who developed, built and sold or maintained properties they acquired.
• Started Homeowner associations for condominiums developed, and in some cases, have retained the management long after the sales ended.
• Created unique marketing plans that were different from the competition.
• Ability to analyze market conditions and make necessary changes to plans or adjust the plan to keep it fresh.
• Mastered skills in managing staff and created an enjoyable working environment
• Implemented and tracked competition in the market place.
• Work well with the construction team, because I understand marketing from the developer’s side of sales.
• My degree in Home Economics. I have a creative ability in unit design and functional floor plans.• Started the downtown Block Tie party to celebrating living in Downtown Tacoma
• Helped with design, sales and marketing of The Vintage Y which was the original Y.M.C.A. built in 1908 renovated to 19 condominium homes in 2005. The building is on the National Historic Registry.
• Worked with the same developed who did the Y when he did the Roberson, which is a 47 unit’s new condominium building in the St. Helens neighborhood.
• Implemented marketing plan for Mid-Town Lofts.
• Coordination and implementation of the Multi Family builders Group for downtown Tacoma informational meetings and helping with solving problems that the builders might be having in the market place
• Manage an 85 slip condominium marina in Gig Harbor.
• Work with real estate clients selecting and closing homes.
• Clean the office, pay the bills, answer the phones and goof off!!!!!
• Pioneer in the sales/marketing of Theas Landing (high rise condo/apartment retail complex.) in a
Market that was new to the Tacoma market.
• 1999 did a high end conversion at the Edgewater on the water in Gig Harbor.
• Managed several large staffs and mentored them with my many years of experience
• Have been loyal to my employers with long employment history – 25 years with SeaMark Properties in Bellevue.14 years with Carino Homes (some joint partnerships between both parties)
• Designed and implemented, with the city of Tacoma (J.J.) the Urban Tour of homes
• Awarded the Mame award for best marketing achievement.EDUCATION Montana State University B.S. degree, Institute of Banking, Real license.
Certified Property Management, Graduate of the Real Estate Institute, AARP card member